The JBLFMU Community Extension Services Department (CES) is a channel by which knowledge, information and skills developed by the University shall catalyze changes for improving the quality of life of the disadvantaged and underserved partners for development.
JBLFMU is committed to work towards the attainment of a better quality of life among the identified adopted communities and other entities through quality trainings, programs and activities, practice of ethical behavior and spirituality.
JBLFMU is committed to pursue its goal through sharing of knowledge and expertise and transfer of appropriate technologies.
JBLFMU, as a dynamic partner in community building, shall continue to provide the identified communities extension programs that are relevant to their needs for empowerment and self-reliance.
- To identify partner communities, local government units, non-governmental agencies, and people’s organizations for collaborative development endeavors towards economic sufficiency, political stability, and solidarity;
- To involve faculty, staff, students, interest groups and civic organizations in the community extension programs of the university;
- To conduct functional literacy classes and trainings on livelihood skills development responsive to the needs of specific clientele;
- To conduct continuing education, through seminars/workshops/ conferences for extension leaders, staff and students involved in extension;
- To develop students’ sense of responsibility, sensitivity, involvement and responsiveness in relation to the needs of the disadvantaged and marginalized members of the community through extension and development activities;
- To conduct remedial/enrichment classes for identified secondary feeder schools;
- To identify potential intermediate graduates for the Maritime High School Scholarship Program;
- To help address the spiritual needs of the members of the community through the conduct of religious activities;
- To inculcate in the members of the community the environmental concerns by involving them in activities for the preservation of marine life and terrestrial flora and fauna;
- To conduct impact assessment of extension projects;
- To evolve a mechanism to augment resources in financing community extension projects and services.
Population and Health Related Programs
Environment and Infrastructure